Hotmail is one of the most popular email services provided by Microsoft which is all totally free of cost. The Hotmail webmail services can be accessed from every web browsers anywhere around the globe; just by using a valid username and password. All you need is a computer and an internet connection to avail the free services of Hotmail.
A Brief Analysis of Hotmail :-
The Hotmail was launched in the year 1996 and was founded by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith as a first free web-based email service of its kind. During its first launch only, it provided many advanced features like spam filters, storage and virus scanning. Also, many of us don’t know that it was originally pronounced as HoTMaiL; this for the reason to give emphasis on the “HTML” in the name itself. Later in the year 1997, it was acquired by Microsoft and it offered a series of new services to the Hotmail users. The name was also converted to Outlook.com in the year 2012 of August month. Now the users are redirected to the sign-up page of all Microsoft account such as MSN, Skype, and Outlook.com etc.
With outlook.com the communication between any parts of the word has become trouble-free and even can be done in seconds. It has unlimited virtual storage, can store the contact list, address book, access to other features of Microsoft as well. This has particularly helped the business world a lot due to its simple interface and advanced features.
Learn how to create a Hotmail Account?
For those who are in a dilemma as now Hotmail has been revamped into Outlook.com then it would be difficult to open a new Hotmail account, and then there is no need to worry at all. So, if you are willing to be one of the users of Hotmail and want to create a Hotmail account as an individual or company then all you need to do is to follow the steps mentioned below:-
Create a Hotmail/ Outlook.com Account
- Step 1 – Open any browser of your choice and type hotmail.com or Outlook.com in the address bar.
- Step 2 – It will redirect you to the sign –in the page of Microsoft. Now click on “Create Account Option”. (It will be available on the top right side of the page.)
- Step 3 – Create your email address – Here you need to type your email address in the “New email” field. Click the down arrow next to “New email” and choose either @outlook.com or @hotmail.com.
- Step 4 – Create Password – Type a password below the “New email” field. Note – your password must be a combination of letters and numbers for further safety.
- Step 5 – Check or Uncheck “Send me promotional emails from Microsoft” – if you want to or don’t want to receive promotional offers from Microsoft, you can check or uncheck the box respectively.
- Step 6 – Click on “Next” button below the “Create Password” field.
- Step 7 – Enter your First Name or Last Name in the respective fields of the page and then click on “Next” button below.
- Step 8 – Select your country and region by clicking on the “Country/region” drop down box and then click your location. Note – The advanced feature of Outlook will detect your location and fill the text box itself.
- Step 9 – Enter Date of Birth by clicking the respective boxes of Month, Day, and Year; then enter the details and then click “Next” button. This field is just below the “Country/region” field.
- Step 10 – Add security info – In order to verify the authenticity of your Hotmail account, you will be asked to enter your phone number. The number provided will be linked to your account by generating a code. This will help in verification and help you make necessary changes. And then click “Next” button
- Step 11 – Add verification code – To make sure whether the user is a real person or not, they are asked to re-enter the distorted letters or number displayed in the box. Read and enter the code correctly, if you are unsure you can choose the option “New” for a new code or “Audio” for an audible code. And then click “Next” button.
- Step 12 – Sign-in to your Hotmail account Once all the information you have entered are correct and authentic, your new Hotmail account will be created as per your given details. Now you can sign-in to your Hotmail account using your email address and password.
Create an Alias email address in Hotmail.com
Alias is a nickname that can be used in an email account. It can be in the form of an email address or a phone number. With the help of alias, one can respond to many people with different email address all belonging to one email account itself. Microsoft permits up to 10 aliases for one particular user for one year. One can create a separate alias for work and for personal purposes as well. All will belong to the same inbox, contact list and settings.
Steps to Create an Alias email address in Hotmail.com –
- Step 1 – First you need to sign in to your Hotmail account and click on “Your Info Option” on the top left-hand side of the page.
- Step 2 – Click on “Manage your sign-in email or phone number” the first option of the page.
- Step 3 – Click “Add email alias” option; here you need to add your email id which you would prefer or a phone number. And click “Add Alias”.
- Step 4 – Your email alias has been created and now you can check your mail inbox.
Trouble signing in your Hotmail Account? Follow these steps –
There can be a number of reasons if you are unable to sign in to your Hotmail account in one go. The primary reasons and their solutions are discussed below –
- Forgotten your password – This is one of the universal issues among most of the users. It is difficult to remember all the passwords at one time.
Solution – Reset your password; this is the best and simple solution.
How to reset your Microsoft account password
Follow the steps given below –
- Step 1 – Go to Hotmail sign-in page and click on “Forgot Password”. It will redirect you to the Reset Your Password page.
- Step 2 – Choose the reason as to why you need to reset your password. And then click “Next” button.
- Step 3 – In the current page, enter the email address and the characters displayed on the screen. Click “Next” button.
- Step 4 – Enter the code – You will receive a code on your mobile number or alternative email address. Enter the code in the text field.
- Step 5- Access your account with your new password.
Some More suggestions –
- Check CAPS LOCK – Even if you are trying the correct password but are unable to access your account then it might be a result of CAPS LOCK turn on/off.
- Check your browser – You should clean your browser history or try from a different browser.
- Using a new or different device – In order to avoid unusual activities, Microsoft makes sure to confirm whether the user is a real person or not? Just do the needful and confirm that you are using a different device to get your Hotmail account access.
Follow the above-mentioned guideline step by step and you will be successfully able to create a new Hotmail account and can also avoid any sign-in problems as well.